Friday, March 29, 2019

#89 - McCartney: Paul McCartney (1970)


Get ready for a bunch of Beatle albums. I am a certified Beatlemaniac. My first record ever was a 45 of “Michelle,” when I was all of 5 years old. At one time, I had every album they ever made, as well as a number of bootlegs.

John was always my favorite. But, hey, Paul wasn’t too far behind. I had most of his solo and Wings albums as well.  One of the greatest popular composers of all time.

This particular photo really doesn’t say a lot, but is a fascinating study of some very basic colors. It’s a photo of Linda McCartney’s, who was quite a decent photographer

Here’s her shot that was used for the back of  the album:


As well as several of the photos of rock stars that she was well-known for.

 




She, of course, played and sang on many of the albums as well.


And they make a pretty cute couple too:


The album itself? McCartney’s first effort after the Beatles is not that bad. “Maybe I’m Amazed” (which is, of course, all about Linda) is probably the only huge hit on it, but all the songs are pretty good. He also recorded the whole thing by himself. It was always a real favorite of mine. Pretty sure I’ve got a cassette of it around here somewhere.

Here are some other covers from Paul’s solo albums that I like:




Interestingly, there’s one homage out there, by the band Apples and Oranges.





<#90                    #88>

No comments:

Post a Comment