Friday, June 5, 2020

#27 - Infinite Arms: Band of Horses (2010)


One of my favorite groups right now, these guys might be best described as alt/indie folk/country/Southern rock. Originally from Seattle, they now live in Charleston SC, not too far from me. I’ve got pretty much all their CDs.

The band has seen many changes in its 14 years, with the one constant being front man Ben Bridwell. He’s the main songwriter and also vocalist, with a haunting, tenor style.


And the rest of the crew:

Tyler Ramsey, Bill Reynolds. Ben, Creighton Barrett, Ryan Monroe

This album was their third. No big hits, though “Laredo” might qualify. Honestly, their first two were pretty darn hard to top. Wish I knew some more details on the cover shot.

I do know that almost all of BOH’s album covers feature some hauntingly beautiful nature photography, pretty much all by photographer Christopher Wilson. 

Yup, that's only photo I could find of him
(I'm thinking he might be the guy on the left)

Here are a couple more of his that might yet make it onto covers:




And here are some other great album covers he did for the Horses:






<#28                    #26>

No comments:

Post a Comment